Monday, June 22, 2009

Follow the Leader Algorithm

After doing research about swarm robotics Dr. Pearce asked me to start off with follow the leader algorithm. At the begging I had no idea what to do or what can I do to create such algorithm, so I had to do some research in order to have a general understanding of the subject. Research was very difficult taken the fact that I was not to research about what others did because the main reason is for me to create my own algorithm without any external effect, which made understanding the subject that much harder.

I met with Dr Pearce and ideas such as having the robots follow the leading robot but adding a distinguished mark on it such as a pink ball or something like that. Such algorithms are not as effective or the type that we are looking for. As I was doing research I found an article called “A Review of Studies in Swarm Robotics”, this article looks very inserting and promising to help me have a better understanding or such Algorithms.

Time: 8 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment